Knowlton Court Nurturing Winter Retreat February 2024.
This retreat is the perfect way to "retreat" one last time during the long winter months, preparing you to re-emerge into the world in preparation for the warmer, lighter months ahead. Our retreats really are a sheer sensory delight, full of nurturing, restoring and renewing the mind-body-soul connection.
Our first time at this stunning venue which is nestled in the heart of Kent, the garden of England, just over an hour from Chislehurst and 30 minutes from Canterbury, making it easily accessible.
Knowlton Court is a much-loved family home, steeped in history and set within a stunning and extensive country estate of over 1,900 acres.
We will be occupying the Dower House as our main home for the weekend. The Dower house is a charming Grade II listed Elizabethan manor house nestled within its own expanse of private, pretty gardens including its' own tennis court, right at the heart of the Knowlton Estate.
Guests at the Dower House enjoy its secluded location within the woods and its magnificent views of the Estate's extensive parkland. The Dharma Hall where our classes and teachings will take place, is within a stone’s throw from Dower House.
Hopefully the weather will allow us to explore the stunning surroundings and grounds of Knowlton Court Estate.
To be able to share this stunning venue with you, whilst offering a weekend of yoga, meditation, holding space to deliver a real sense of belonging, rounded off with the most delicious vegetarian/vegan food, simply fills us with joy.
To top off this weekend of pure nurturing, there will also be the option to book a massage, reiki or aromatherapy treatment with our very own Kristy Smith of KMS Therapy.
The following is an outline of what is included in your weekend:
- 5pm - Arrival on Friday
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- 2 delicious freshly prepared vegetarian and vegan meals a day (breakfast/ brunch & dinner). All meals are prepared by our own private chef, Ian Murray.
- Breakfast snacks and afternoon tea and cake
- 2 full days of activities (subject to slight changes as required):
- Morning meditation, breath-work and yoga classes
- Evening restorative yoga practices
- Deep guided savasana practice
- Sound Immersion
- Mindful walk
- Freetime to enjoy the grounds of Knowlton Court or curl up with a book in front of the fire. Or indulge in a blissful treatment from our in-house therapist.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for
- And of course, great company and lots of time to relax!
- Finish around 9am on Monday morning.
- Treatments/ massages
- Travel to and from the Retreat (taxis from the local station and be pre-arranged)
All Rooms are on a shared twin room basis with an ensuite or private bathroom.
Communal areas include a large inviting lounge where you can chill and relax and listen to the crackles of the open fire or read a book.
A quiet room for reflection and meditation and an open kitchen with adjoining dining area to watch the chef at work and enjoy our meal times together.
The gardens are extensive and perfect for ambling, enjoying the fresh winter air and embracing all that is true nature.
Twin room is £475 p/person and limited single occupancy is available at a cost of £585 p/room
If you would like to reserve a space, we will require £150 non refundable deposit with the balance to be paid by 1st December 2023. In the event that we are forced to cancel for any reason, a full refund will apply.
See you there!